Best Drum Set for Kids – Authentic Reviews
Am I right to say that you have discovered your kid’s unending desire to play drums? Whether it is a school competition or talent empowerment that has compelled your decision, I want to hail you for the incredible decision you’ve made. If you don’t know what exactly drum set to turn to, do not stress out. Below you can find my elaborated collection of a real drum set for kids that will match your intended spending limit.
I have prepared this review explicitly for the best drum sets for children to help you purchase the correct instrument without breaking a sweat. Kids can ask you to buy an item that might not suit their needs, but I don’t recommend choosing drum sets in a hurry. Besides that, as the children grow, the drum set might likewise fail to meet their needs, so it is worth checking reviews to select a great instrument for long-term use.
So, What Drum Set to Choose for Your Kid?
As I conclude my comprehensive review of the best drum sets for kids, I hope that the overview helped you to settle on the best decision. During the analysis, I have come up with features that are vital for purchasing the right instrument. The highlighted factors include:
- Cost. The drum kit cost must be one of the main factors to consider. At times, the most expensive ones don’t guarantee the best sound. Ensure you buy an affordable electronic drum set for kids with good features to start with as it may require upgrading with time.
- Quality. The drum set is intended for banging. What is worse than a drum that can’t take a beating? From drum heads to sticks, you need instruments designed to last. The drum heads are delicate, and only the best-quality materials used can save them from destruction.
- Brand. A brand name is significant in making a purchase. You need to buy from a manufacturer with a good reputation to avoid losing our money for a bad-quality instrument. Fortunately, all instruments mentioned in my review above proved to be trustworthy and high-quality ones.
- Age suitability. You need to purchase a kit that matches your kid’s age. Some advanced sets for kids can be hard to use, and children might end up discouraged as they want something they can quickly grasp and play with. And so are toy-like sets – they likewise can make it uncomfortable to play for grown-up kids, and that might result in killing their interest in learning to drum. It is important to go through reviews and select an item perfectly suited for your kid. It is not a tough thing to do as I have already prepared detailed overviews of to best ten drum sets for kids with different options to choose from.
- Accompanying accessories. For the best electronic drum set for kids, buying the accessories one by one is very expensive. You also need all accessories fused and packed with the product for easy assembling and immediate use of the product. Usually, manufacturers include everything needed in their drum kits. However, it is still recommended to check the assembly on the website and make sure there’s all you need before making a purchase.
Check Out Top 10 Drum Sets for Kids to Consider in 2023
Making a purchasing decision that does not frustrate you towards the end is a vital prerequisite. Read the following rating for a real drum set for kids to be sure to choose the best instrument for your child.
1. Mendini by Cecilio Drum Set – 5-Piece Youth Drum Set
- Great Kids Drum Sets: The 5-piece junior drum set is an 'all-in-one' fully functional drum kit designed specifically for entry level drummers. It has everything you need to get set up and playing in no time.
- High Quality: This drum sets for kids ages 6-13 not only looks shiny, vibrant and glittery, but these kids drums are durably made
- Drums: 5
- Material: –
- Drum sizes: 16″ x 11″, 10” x 5”, 8” x 6”, 10″ x 6″, 12″ x 10″
- Age Group: 6-13
- Item Weight: 42 Pounds
The Mendini set includes five drum types that are perfect for kids over five years old as well as for teenagers under thirteen. It has everything a young drummer needs for practicing. Besides, thanks to the durable and high-quality materials, the drum set will serve you for years. Also, it makes great sounds with a little effort. There are several patterns you can choose from: blue, black, red, and some others.
The kit is unassembled, so the manufacturer gives all the instructions on how to install the drums. You can do it by yourself without a need to use any additional instruments for this.
Besides the main parts, the kit also comes with some additional accessories. You don’t need to search for the drum sticks; they are already included in the set. In addition, it includes around the padded throne. You can regulate its height, and that’s why this Mendini drum set is suitable for kids and teenagers.
- A bass drum
- 2 tom-toms
- A matching snare drum
- A floor tom
- A hi-hat with a stand
- Three cymbals
Among other accessories, the set also has a bass drum pedal. So, your child will be able to try all the drum techniques they want.
- Includes 5 various drums
- Perfect for 5-13-year-old kids
- Has drum sticks and a throne
- High-quality materials
- It is unassembled
2. RockJam – Children’s Drum Set with Cymbals
- Full 5-piece metallic blue drum set with dimensions scaled down to perfectly accommodate aspiring drummers ages 3-10
- Bass drum 16" x 12" with chain driven foot pedal and 4 lugs to help it stand
- Drums: 5
- Material: Plastic, Metal
- Drum sizes: 16″ x 12″, 10″x 5″, 13″ x 10″
- Age Group: 3-10
- Item Weight: 39.68 Pounds
The right drum set dimensions are probably the most essential criteria when you choose the first instrument for your kid. RockJam has picked up the most suitable size for each drum. This kit is ideal for 3-10-year-old children. However, it can be inconvenient for teenagers. The drum set is lightweight, and it takes a little time to install it. You can also transfer it easily if you need it.
The kid will get all the drums for learning various techniques and melodies. The set includes a bass drum with 4 lugs. This drum also has a chain-driven foot pedal, which is light and easy to play on. Moreover, there are crash cymbals and hi-hat cymbals for diverse high sounds.
- 2 hanging tom-tom drums;
- A floor tom-tom with 3 lugs;
- A snare drum with a stand.
It’s challenging to learn how to play without suitable accessories. Luckily, the RockJam drum set includes a pair of wooden drum sticks and a drum throne. So, your child can start playing music right after purchasing.
- Includes all the needed drums and cymbals
- Perfect for kids from 3 to 10 years old
- Lightweight and easy to transfer
- Has drum sticks and a drum throne
- Not suitable for the teenagers
- Only one color option is available, which is black
3. Eastar 22-inch Drum Set – High-Quality Teen Drum Set
- SUPER VALUE FULL-SIZE DRUM SET: Eastar EDS-485B 5 adult drum set involves drum body, stand, drum throne, cymbal, drumsticks, suitable for beginning and intermediate drum enthusiasts, drums with horizontal stripes of poplar, high strength, even vibration, sound Loud.
- PREMIUM DRUM HEAD: Made from superior different thickness and resonance surface to shape excellent sound- Bass drum head tension is larger than similar products, and the drum skin vibration is better. The snare drum with a high-grade white matte head has a particularly good sound that comparable to the midrange snare drum since the drum section has a slope. Due to transportation reasons, wrinkles are normal when the drum skin is received, and the wrinkles disappear after installation.
- Drums: 5
- Material: Iron
- Drum sizes: 22 “x 16”, 12 “x 8”, 10 “x 7”, 14 “x 5.5″, 16″ x 16”
- Age Group: Over 12
- Item Weight: 77 Pounds
If you need a drum set for a teenager, it’s better to look for the one with medium dimensions that will serve you for a long time. The Eastar offers such a drum set. It fits both beginners and intermediate players because it includes a full selection of drums and accessories.
The Eastar has used high-quality drum skin for this set. Moreover, each drum features a different thickness of the frontal surface, so it creates an excellent sound in its range. The rings for the bass drum are made of iron. That’s why the construction can withstand breakage, and your kid can freely perform diverse beats.
- A bass drum;
- 2 tom-toms of different size (with adjustable angles);
- A mounted snare drum with a stand;
- A floor drum;
- A hi-hat cymbal with a stand;
- A straight cymbal with a stand;
- A bass pedal.
A teen will also get a pair of drum sticks and an adjustable drum throne. Also, the manufacturer gives a one-year warranty for this item. Before you start playing, assemble this drum set; it has all instructions and a video on how to do this.
- High-quality materials
- Durable construction
- Includes all the drums and cymbals required
- Has an adjustable drum throne
- 1-year warranty
- Quite expensive
- Requires an assembly
4. Mendini by Cecilio 13 Inch 3-Piece –Beginner Drum Set for Kids
- Great Kids Drum Sets: These are great starter drums for kids to learn on. Smaller sized genuine hardwood shells and triple flanged hoops make this the perfect first set for a younger player. It includes everything needed to get off to a great start.
- High Quality, Great Sound: The drum kit for kids not only looks shiny, vibrantly colored and glittery, but the kids drums are durably made. They are strong to sustain continuous play while producing a great sound
- Drums: 3
- Material: Wood
- Drum sizes: 8”x13”, 6”x8”, 4”x10”
- Age Group: 3-6
- Item Weight: – Pounds
Do you need an extraordinary drum set for your child who is starting drumming? The Mendini by Cecilio 13 inch 3-Piece Kids/Junior Drum Set is an ideal solution. It is appropriate for amateurs, and it is prescribed for youngsters aged from three to six.
It is small in size, thus, a perfect fit for kids. The drum set is made of authentic hardwood shells that make the item hard to break and guarantees strength. The stool is simple to modify and sturdy for children. In case the drumheads become weary with time, you can replace them with high-caliber ones.
It is most assuredly the best beginner drum set for kids. The cost is moderate, making purchasing conceivable.
The features enhance quality in ways imaginable by no one. The set is versatile and clear, giving kids the experience of a lifetime. Its assembling is straightforward.
A one-year guarantee protects the product against defects. This reveals that the set is durable and the services paid for will take you beyond expectations. It is truly worth the investment.
- A base drum measuring 13 x 8 inches
- An 8 x 6 inches attached the snare
- A height-adjustable stool
- A pair of hardwood sticks
- An assembling manual
The downside of this set is that it won’t work for adolescents and teenagers. Bear in mind that, for example, as a three-year-old grows, the set might be uncomfortable for them. But no matter the case, it will unquestionably get the job done. Here are some good and bad points of this instrument to consider.
- Suitable for beginners
- Comes in an assortment of accessories
- Easy to assemble
- Not the best option for adolescents and teenagers
5. Drum Set Black Complete Junior – RealDrum Set for Kids
- Complete 3-piece junior drum set: This Gammon junior drum set includes a 12" x 10" bass drum with pedal, a 10" x 6" mounted snare, an 8" x 6" mounted tom, and an 8" cymbal with cymbal arm. A padded throne (stool) and a pair of drumsticks are also included. It is the ultimate junior drum kit for beginners.
- Quality construction: This drum set is built to withstand the enthusiasm of young drummers. It is constructed with durable materials to endure hours of practice and play. This beginner drum set features solid wood shells, black rims, and a high-gloss finish in a variety of fun colors. It is designed with premium batter heads and a bass drum pedal for top-level performance.
- Drums: 3
- Material: Wood
- Drum sizes: 16″, 10″, 10″
- Age Group: 3-8
- Item Weight: 24 Pounds
This is a real kit for kids, no toys. The set is conveyed by a manufacturer who is well-known for its devotion to delivering high-quality items. The manufacturer has been on the market for quite a while now, thereby guaranteeing excellence in reaching this point. I would like to note that here’s the best cost for such an item.
The set is quite enough for kids. Many were concerned about the need to utilize a hearing protector for a three-year-old as they feel the drums are loud. I have tested this option myself at my friend’s house, and I can say that the set will not cause any hearing problems for kids. It is fabricated and tested for children ranging between three to eight years. The set is robust and guarantees astounding services for kids.
It is versatile enough to take the beating required. The drum heads are additionally sturdy sufficient in the event the kit is rolled or dropped. The adjustable throne ensures comfort for children as it tends to be raised or lowered to meet their convenience.
- A fully-fixed cymbal
- A couple of tom drums
- Genuine wood shells
- Drum sticks
- An adjustable stool
The set might, however, be unreasonably little for an eight-year-old. You, therefore, need to settle on a superior match.
- Delivered in a complete set
- The seller is approved
- Not comfortable for children over eight
6. Gammon Percussion – A Complete 5 Piece Drum Set for Kids
- Full-size complete adult drum set: This 5-piece adult drum set from Gammon is an excellent setup for all levels; student, beginner, intermediate, and advanced drummers. Everything you need to get started is included; there is nothing else you need to purchase to get started drumming right away!
- Drum set includes: (1) 22" x 14" - Bass Drum, (1) 14" x 5-1/2" Snare Drum, (1) 12" x 10" and (1) 13" x 10" Mounted Toms, (1) 16" x 16" Floor Tom, (2) 12" Hi-Hat Cymbals, and (1) 14" Crash/Ride Cymbal.
- Drums: 5
- Material: Wood
- Drum sizes: 22″x14″, 5 1/2″ x 14, 12″x10″, 13″x10, 16″x16″
- Age Group: –
- Item Weight: 85,5 Pounds
Well, talking not only about young children, but this Gammon Percussion is also suitable for any age. It is planned for expert stages. The manufacturer has vast inclusion in creating drum sets of a high class. No fancy pictures to trick you, the item looks exactly as depicted. This drum set is tested for quality and toughness, and, I have seen it in use by my friend’s child for a happy couple of years without wearing the instrument out. It is worth every single penny spent, and it is worth giving a try.
It is right to say that this unique set contains everything needed to start drumming. The manufacturer offers full item support, total part replacement against imperfections, and top-notch guarantee services. Gammon is well-known for the high quality of its services and items produced that makes them confidently state their name on every drum.
The drum sets are built to endure a heavy beating, rolls, and drops, and still get intact no matter what. The drum set occupies a space of approximately 5 feet by 3.5 feet depending on the layout of the drums. There are an assembling video and a manual sent with the drums for a more convenient setup.
- Full wood drums
- Cymbal and a stand
- Drum stool
- Bass pedal
- Keys and sticks
- A fully-fledged drum kit! It incorporates a snare drum, a couple of mounted tom drum, a bass drum, and a floor tom drum.
You can alter the drum pedals without much stretch if you feel they lack an extraordinary bouncing back. For such complete genuine drums, the cost is well reasonable. With the quality the product accompanies, it is a tremendous deal! You can upgrade the cymbal without much ado to make the experience far better.
- It is an all-out set
- Full product support
- Worth the price
- The cymbals may require upgrading after a while
- The drum sticks may need improvement
I highly suggest you buy this great product because in this case, the expense is entirely worth the venture. This drum set for kids is ideal for starting or overhauling their aptitudes to the next level. Use professional tools to grow professionally!
7. Ddrum D120B MB D Series – The Best Full-Size Kit Drum
- Drums: 5
- Material: –
- Drum sizes: 7X10, 8X12, 14X14, 5.5X14, 16X20
- Age Group: –
- Item Weight: 44 Pounds
This drum kit for kids is the best electronic drum set for beginners, as well as experienced young drummers. The set contains appealing features that will enable you to bridge the drumming skills to the next level. It includes all needed to begin playing the drums immediately.
This full-size kit is simple to assemble, with the help of the manual and video that accompany the set. The collection includes a high-caliber cymbal and does not require upgrading for additional services.
Melded in quality and made to persevere the hardest falls, rolls, or thumping, it’s undoubtedly the best drumming accomplice you can find for this price. For beginners, it is impeccable as your kid gets a chance to train with a real drum set and it offers a real-drums power.
The cost is generally high when contrasted with other options under review. This anyway shouldn’t dissuade you from buying this best drum set for kids because the quality comes at a cost. In case you would like a drum to take your child even beyond desires, that’s the brand to go after. It is accessible according to different ages and experiences, being nice enough for children and grown-ups.
- Two sticks
- Snare stand
- Crash cymbal and stand
- Drum pedal
The item measures 51 x 41 x 46 inches. It has tough shells that are worked to last. The drum heads are just from another level. I profoundly recommend you purchase this best electric drum set for kids because of the quality that surpasses the cost.
- Complete set
- Simple to gather with the help of video tutorials
- Excellent cymbals
- Suitable for beginners
- Hardware not sturdy
- Relatively costly
8. GP Percussion GP55WR 5-Piece Junior Drum Set – Great Beginner Drum Set
This drum set consists of five elements. That’s, probably, an ideal beginner drum set for kids and adolescents. You can see a bright GP logo on both drums and cymbals. Thus, you can spot the preferred brand with ease. However, note that it is not recommended to purchase this set for kids below three years.
The drum set conveyed in full package including:
- Pedal drum
- Snare drum
- A pair of cymbal
- Triple tom drums
You can use this drum set to teach a three-year-old and above kid. Let your child achieve the greatest experience by utilizing this fantastic model! The set can be assembled quickly with a provided manual to get the process simpler. In case the written instructions aren’t sufficient, look for video tutorials, and ensure you prepare the instrument in the best way possible.
Quality-wise, this drum set will exceed any expectations. The hardware has a clear tone. From my experience, I can say that its pitch may be too high for young children so that you might need ear protections just for caution. The drum does not entirely resemble a full-scale kit yet sufficient for kids at this point. The drum heads are real and not made of papers, yet they comply with factory economy grade that is enough for beginners.
The only challenge on this kit is its kick pedal. I would highly appreciate it if the lever was of a higher quality. Still, you can easily upgrade it at a moderate cost. This drum set will allow your kid to get enough practice to take his or her skills to the next level.
I would suggest you get this set and upgrade it as the kid grows. Remember, these kits resemble bicycles; as the kids grow, the instrument might be uncomfortable. Luckily enough, there are different sizes for every child.
- Clear GP Logo drumheads
- GP logo cymbals
- Can be purchased in different sizes that suit your kid best
- Moderate price
- Full-size kit
- Upgradable as the kid grows
- Low-quality pedal
9. Alesis DM6 USB Kit — Best Electronic Drum Set for Beginners Kids
Alesis DM6 USB is another really nice kit for beginners. It is possible to enjoy the complete set with a sound module provided, including headphones and an amplifier. These will enable kids to practice quietly or jam live.
The kit contains high-quality impact-sensitive pads to give a natural experience during playing. You can easily connect a mobile phone or any other device to accompany favorite jams.
There’s a full set of attaching hardware and cables to enhance the kit experience. Besides, the kit accompanies:
- Kick drum pedal
- Triple cymbal
- Snare pads
- Triple tom drums
The most appealing features include a USB cable input, a headphone input, and a stereo system. Also, you get a 9V charger with this set. There is also enhanced vibration because of the natural rubber material used for the drum.
Alesis has been on the market for quite a time bringing with it extensive experience in delivering high-quality products. It is simple to set everything up to practice. It is worth considering this option the best electronic drum set for beginners kids – the instrument is specifically designed for that. It comes additionally as an economical starter pack with all you need for kids’ development. By the way, the manufacturer provides a one-year warranty period.
Give your kids an experience of a lifetime and help them take their skills to the next level with the use of the kit. In my opinion, it is the greatest incentive for money to go with this amazing drum set. Here are the pros and cons I found for this instrument.
- Realistic-feeling full electronic drumset, includes DM6 drum module "brain" and everything you need to get started
- Headphone and amplifier outputs to practice quietly or jam out live; USB-MIDI output for sending MIDI data to virtual instruments & software on your computer
- Starter friendly
- Outstanding sound enhancement
- Includes DM6 drum module
- Problems with the cymbal
10. Music Alley Kids 3 Piece – The Cheapest Beginners Drum Kit
Music Alley is the cheapest drum set available. However, the low cost doesn’t denote poor quality because the product has been tested and proven. Myself, I have checked it in the store and should say that it has all needed to allow your child to start practicing immediately.
The instrument is best suited for kids between four and seven years. It is perfectly crafted to withstand a heavy beating, rolls, and drops because of being prepared for children’s use. It contains a pair of hanging tom drums. The sticks are lightweight and high-quality. The stool is adjustable to the convenience of children.
It is built from genuine wood, distinguishing it from other plastic sets. Kids will enjoy this one! Do not let a sparse quality drum drive children from their future career or talent. Let them gain first-hand professional experience utilizing this kit. Music Alley helps children confidently take their first steps in their musical journey.
There are three drums and a cymbal accompanying this set. The setup is elementary because no complicated plugin or cables needed to use. The foot pedal and the low tone helps kids practice indoors without causing unnecessary noise. It is light and measures 25.6 x 29.5 x 25.6 inches, meaning it doesn’t consume much of your space. You can consider this instrument a professional start for future pros. Surprise your child with this drum set on any holiday and contribute to their glorious musical journey.
I would like to note that this drum kit is not the best option for grown-ups. Some time ago, I bought this equipment for a seven-year-old boy whom I was teaching drumming, and the set appeared a bit small for him. By the look of things, the set might appear a toy to kids over seven years.
It is, however, more advanced for three-year-olds, which comes as a yes for me anyway.
I would, therefore, recommend you consider buying it for a kid below seven years. For more grown-up kids, it is better to look for bigger size drums. That means more money, but the investment is worth it.
- This three-piece kids drum set is a complete scaled-down, fully functional drum kit featuring everything you would expect of an adult drum kit but for kids aged from 3 to 8 years of age
- Far more than a toy, this is not a plastic toddler drum set, it is a real instrument. This drum set for kids constructed from wood, metal, and tuneable skins, everything you would expect to see on an adult drum kit
- Lightweight drum sticks
- Best starter kit
- Not suitable for kids over seven
11. Lagrima 3-Piece Kids — Nice Junior Drum Set
This set is built to last with high-quality authentic wood materials, a double-layered oil skin enabling elasticity and enhanced the sound through resonance between drum surface and chord. The kit is created in outstanding craftsmanship to offer an experience like no other. It is hard to believe that this best electric drum set for kids is accessible at such a cost! It’s a perfected option for juniors who will enjoy the high-quality instrument to the fullest.
It is small in size with the base drum measuring 12 x 10 inches. There are also two tom drums of 8 x 6 inches making it a 3-set kit. This is more than required for a beginner. While many kids might enjoy beating a single drum all day, this offers much more in the name of enhancing the professional drumming experience of your child. LAGRIMA 3-Piece Junior Drum Set will help nurture and grow your kid’s music interest to the next level.
The deal seems too good to be right, but it is among the cheapest drum kits available in the market. It surely gives a value highly exceeding the cost. The drums have excellent sounding, and the quality is enhanced. There is an adjustable stool to provide your kid with comfort playing. It is made for kids aged between three and eight. After considering a previous kit, I purchased this drum set for my seven-year-old student, and everything worked out admirably.
Putting together the few parts that accompany the kit, it is very comfortable to play even though the setup instructions seem a bit unclear. I understand that the setup might get complicated in case you have no experience handling the instrument. However, everything has worked out for me once I checked the manual attentively.
So far, having this item in use for more than two years, I have not changed or upgraded any part of it as all elements still work well as if new. I profoundly recommend you to stay on this drum kit and give your child a professional start. Here are the advantages and the only disadvantage of this set:
- ♫MATERIAL-Real Wood Shells,high gloss finish all drums,and the drum skin adopts double-layer oil skin, good elasticity and longer use time
- ♫EXCELLENT WORKMANSHIP-The bottom of the drum has a ringing chord, and when the drums are played, the chord and the drum surface resonate, causing the music to sound
- Worth the price
- Perfectly melded for kids
- Great accessories
- Authentic wood materials
- Vague assembling instructions
12. First Act Discovery & Seat, Blue Stars (FAD0139) – The Best Beginners Drum Set for Kids
Are you looking for a kit to make your kid have fun and enjoy drumming? This drum set has a tunable tone and is made of genuine materials with a stylish blue star. The kit is conveyed pre-set up, thereby saving you time to put the rest parts together. It is the best beginner drum set for kids over six years. This will save you a great deal before your next upgrade.
The set is small and thus, well-suited for kids. The sparkling star design always gives kids great excitement! The kit is relatively cheap and provides the best value for your money. It is built to last and provides a real drum experience. The set is delivered with several accessories that enhance performance.
You can check out a video tutorial in case assembling gets hard for you. The set is excellent to help kids learn. The bundle package contains:
- The high-quality bass drum
- A single tom drum
- Snare drum
- Keys and sticks
- Learning guide
The stool collapses and folds up for simple storage and seating adjustments. I would like to note that the manufacturer’s primary focus is providing entertainment through creative innovation. The only challenge is that the set might be too advanced for a kid who is below three years.
- The First Act Discovery Drum Set is sized just for young drummers and makes learning to play easy and fun
- Authentic, tunable drums with great tone and a stylish blue stars finish
- Easy to set up
- Comes in a full set
- Long-term guarantee
- Learning guide might be too complicated for young children
13. Ivation Portable Electronic Drum Pad – Amazing Electronic Drum Set for Kids
This is a complete digital drum set for kids. It is perfectly suited for beginners, intermediate, and advanced drummers. It is lightweight and portable, so your child can keep practicing at any place both indoors and outdoors. It is cheap, making it simple to acquire. In my option, it is simply the best electronic drum set for kids. There is an outstanding sound enhancement through the use of headphones and speakers.
The item contains three different versions with the same great sound. There is the basic, middle, and advanced model. The basic model includes a headphone port to minimize noise when banging the instrument. A direct current adapter powers it. The central model has an inbuilt speaker and runs continuously on a direct charge adapter.
Ivation Portable Electronic Drum Pad framework creates the equivalent precise percussion sound with no delicate drum heads or costly cases required. The advanced model is powered by an inbuilt battery that can store charge for up to 25 hours. There is a built-in speaker, and your child receives a number of ways to play on this model. Besides, the inbuilt speakers enable you to control the volume to a suitable level.
The set contains a variety of incorporated drums. It is easy to store – you only need to roll it to keep it in place. This enables your kid to utilize this kit comfortably even in music classes. It is an all-in-one kit that allows achieving real drums experience through the use of the accessible dual drum pedals.
It offers no larger than average cymbals. The ride cymbal enables kids to add a consistent pattern to the exhibition, while the crash cymbal makes a splendid and energetic accent. Also, the drum contains two superb speakers that produce fresh, explicit, and energetic sound to match a real kit. They are deliberately put on the two sides of the pad, giving you no compelling reason to add an extravagant stereo set. It is as of now assembled right in.
- 7-IN-1 TABLETOP DRUM SET – Digital System Replaces a Complete Professional Drum Kit in One Convenient Space-Saving Package; Perfect for Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced Players
- EVERY ESSENTIAL INSTRUMENT – Includes  Toms,  Snare Drum,  Hi-Hat Cymbal,  Ride Cymbal,  Crash Cymbal,  Pedal for Closed/Open Hi-Hat &  Kick Pedal for Bass Drum Tone
- Portable and easy to store
- All-round stereo sound
- In-built speakers
- Simple to put together
- Poor quality pads
- Sound quality is not the best
Buyer’s Guide on the Best Drum Set for Kids
How to choose the best drum kit for a three-year-old beginner? Which one is more suitable for teens? Here you will find the answers to these questions as well as some additional tips.
Different types of drum sets for kids to buy
Nowadays, the number of different drum sets for kids has increased a lot, so you can find the most suitable item for your children. There are various kits according to the sound type, size, and number of drums.
Classical vs electronic drum sets
The two most popular drum set types are classical and electronic. The first option creates a sound because of the vibrations that appear when you beat the instruments with the drumsticks. You can also use the drum sticks when playing electronic drums. However, you will get a different sound. These types are perfect for kids who are 3-10 years old because electronic drums are small, portable, and easy to play.
Number of drums
If your kid is going to study in a musical school, you should consider a set that includes all five various drums. They are more expensive and require more space. However, such a set creates a huge variety of sounds, and the child will learn faster. You can also choose the kits that include only a bass drum and tom-toms. They will be perfect for the smaller performers.
Also, you should consider that every drum set needs additional accessories. In most cases, the manufacturer includes drum sticks and a throne in the kit. But if not, you should purchase them too.
What age are junior drum sets for?
Your children can start playing from the age when they can sit still on the drum throne. Most manufacturers produce sets for the age starting from 3 years. You can also find various options for middle and high-school students too. But the same drum set is not always ideal for every age. Therefore, let’s see, which type you might choose according to the kid’s age.
As I have noted before, electronic drum sets are small and compact, and it isn’t challenging to learn how to play them. That’s why they are perfect for 3-10-year-old children. Acoustic drum sets with three or four drums are also excellent for the smallest players. They can be suitable for up to 10-year-old kids.
Children from 10 to 13 might be satisfied with the three-piece drum sets too. However, if they plan to continue studying, you should think about a full-size drum set. These kits also include cymbals and a snare drum – with such instruments, a player can create a huge variety of sounds. Such sets are also excellent for teenagers. By the way, adult drum sets can be a great variant for teens too.
Should I buy a drum set for kids or an adult drum set?
Both options have their advantages and disadvantages as each type is intended for a particular age group. There are various kids’ and adult drums sets on the market (see the section above). However, when you’re looking for a drum set for a kid, not only the age is significant. You should also consider the child’s height and way of practicing.
Kids’ drum sets are perfect for children under thirteen. They have a fitting size, and you can choose the type with only three drums or get a full-sized one. However, for some teenagers, kids’ drum sets can be inconvenient. If your child is higher than 5.6 ft, you can purchase an adult drum set.
Also, an adult drum set is a better option if the child intends to learn how to play drums for a long time or is a participant in a musical band. In most cases, adult drum sets are a little different from a 5-piece drum set. They are usually bigger and sometimes have recording systems.
It would be great to discuss this choice with your child. Maybe, they like a specific design or type of drum set. Also, you can go to a music shop and test various models. After that, you will know which one is the most convenient for the kid and purchase it online without a doubt.
FAQ About Choosing the Right Drum Set
The more you know about the drum kit for children, the easier it will be to make a choice. So, let’s see what else you should consider for being satisfied with the drum set you choose.
Can the heads on these drum sets be changed?
Yes, the heads on kid’s drums can be changed as well as on adult drum sets. If you have damaged one of the heads for some reason, you can get a replacement or even repair the drum by yourself. It’s not as difficult as you might think. By the way, if the manufacturer gives a warranty for the set, you can write a support team. Sometimes, the developer can replace the drum head for free.
You can change the drum skin not only because you have damaged it. During the time of extensive use, the material wears out. That’s why you’d better buy a new one. It will create a louder and more sonorous sound.
Can my child learn to play on a kid’s drum set?
Kids’ drum sets are created for small children as well as teenagers. They have the right dimensions and an adjustable throne. Also, there are lightweight and comfortable drum sticks for your kid, so they will feel confident while learning how to play.
A kids’ drum set has a somewhat different sounding because of its size. However, this feature doesn’t influence learning. A child can try the same techniques and perform modern songs too.
Can children play on adult drum sets?
If you asked me whether a three-year-old child can play on an adult drum set, I would definitely say no. Of course, it is too large for a small kid. However, teenagers can try playing on the adult drums without any problems. Even the kids aged thirteen can do this if the construction is suitable for them.
In case you wonder whether you should buy a toddler drum set or an adult one, you can find this answer in the section above. There are several points to consider, so don’t hurry up with your choice.
Should I get an acoustic kids drum set or an electronic drum set for kids?
Though acoustic and electronic drum sets differ in size, sounding, and some other features, they both have their advantages. The first ones are usually larger and create a classic sound. On the contrary, electronic models are multifunctional. They can reproduce the acoustic sounds and create other types too. However, there is not a wide range of teenage models on the market.
So, acoustic drum sets are designed for diverse ages and create a great sound. The electronic ones might be more challenging to find, but they provide a wider range of sounds and feature a recording system.
What is the sound quality like on these junior drum sets?
The sound quality depends on the drum’s size and materials. Manufacturers use the same fabrics to make both adult and kid drum sets. That’s why models for children create the same high and low sounds. There are several drum types in the set, and all of them are a smaller representation of classical instruments. In some cases, an adult drum set may create deeper and more sonorous sounds just because of its size.
Are drum sets for kids easy to set up?
Some of the kids’ drum sets come already assembled. This means you just need to put all the drums in their place. It usually takes up to half an hour to do this. And you don’t need any additional tools for this.
However, there are cases when the drums are not assembled to keep them safe during transportation. The installation can take up to three hours. It’s because the heads, cymbals, and stands are separated, and you need to assemble every drum. However, you can do it without any problems at home and ensure they weren’t damaged during the transfer.
What are the best kid’s drum set brands?
Nowadays, there are quite a lot of kids’ drum set providers. Usually, they also make adult drum kits, so they know for sure how this instrument should look and sound. It would be challenging to name the best manufacturer. There are different drum set types, and not every brand can offer all of them.
Mendini is one of the most popular brands on the market. They have classical drum sets with diverse numbers of instruments. Eastar produces one of the most high-quality devices. Alesis and Ivation are the leaders of the electronic drum sets for kids. There are also other reliable manufacturers, and some of their models are on top of the list.
Where can my child learn to play drums?
Earlier, the only way for your child to learn to play drums was a musical school. There, a kid can observe how a real person plays on the drums and interact with other players. Also, you can find a studio or a private teacher. There are many offers on the Internet.
However, your child can learn how to play even without teachers and at any time they want. I’m talking about smartphone applications. They have diverse learning and training videos and can be a great way to start playing.
What about drum sticks?
In most cases, you don’t need to worry about the drum sticks because they are already included in the kit. They are designed specifically for kids, so they are comfortable to play. But if the drum sticks weren’t included, it would not be troublesome to purchase them. They should be lightweight and made of natural wood. For small kids, the drum sticks are a little shorter. But for teenagers, you can choose the standard adult drum sticks.
Once again, I would like to congratulate you on making a great decision of purchasing a drum set for your kid. What drum set appealed to you the most after reading this review? Or maybe you already have one of the mentioned kits? Leave a comment below! Also, if you are still confused about the best drum set to buy, comment in the section below and I will be glad to advise you on some drum set options to pick from. I look forward to sharing more with you!