Best Drum Set for 2000: 9 Options to Choose From
For beginners, a choice on the best drum set under 2000 can be difficult because of too many options present. Multiple options can leave you confused between the best item and the best value for your money.
This struggle is, however, can be solved by reading expert reviews and item depictions to learn if the previous buyers of a particular tool were satisfied upon purchase. Here, you can find some helpful recommendations on what drum set is worth the money spent. I have picked some of the best drum sets under $2000 based on my personal experience with the equipment and, therefore, I am confident in these recommendations.
For a drummer, the drums’ quality of sound and durability are the most important facets to consider before purchasing a set. Getting an ideal blend of these two options is challenging for many starting drummers. But upon learning the features to look for when buying a drum set, you are assured of a hassle-free shopping experience.
- Amazon Bestseller
- The Best Drum Set for 2000 Dollars: Nine Helpful Reviews
- 1. Pearl Masters Maple MCT924XEDP/C348 – One of the Top-Rated Drum Kits Under 2000
- 2. Roland V-Compact Series TD-17KV-S – Best Electronic Drum Set Under 2000
- 3. Roland V Entry TD-1DMK – A Powerful Electronic Drum Set with Timer
- 4. Yamaha DTX532K Electronic Drum Kit – 7-Piece Best Drum Set for Under 2000
- 5. Musical Instruments Percussion Drums – Top-Quality Drum Kit for Jazz
- 6. Tama Superstar Classic – Best Drum Kit for Under 2000 with Blue Lacquer
- 7. Tama Starclassic Walnut Kit – A Perfect Pick with Duo Snare
- 8. Tama Starclassic Walnut 4-Piece Shell Pack – A Small Set for Beginners
- 9. Roland TD-25K V-Drums – Best Drum Set for 2000 with 8 Pieces
- Best Drum Kit for 2000 at a Glance
|1||Alesis Drums Nitro Mesh Kit - Electric Drum Set with USB MIDI Connectivity, Mesh Drum Pads, Kick...||7,176 Reviews||$379.00||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Music Alley 3 Piece Kids Drum Set with Throne, Cymbal, Pedal & Drumsticks, Blue, (DBJK02)||3,160 Reviews||$92.52||Buy on Amazon|
|3||PAXCESS Electronic Drum Set, Roll Up Drum Practice Pad Midi Drum Kit with Built-in Speaker Drum...||3,512 Reviews||$89.99 $83.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Alesis Drums Turbo Mesh Kit – Electric Drum Set With 100+ Sounds, Mesh Drum Pads, Drum Sticks,...||1,747 Reviews||$299.00||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Pearl Roadshow Drum Set 5-Piece Complete Kit with Cymbals and Stands, Bronze Metallic (RS525SC/C707)||700 Reviews||$599.00||Buy on Amazon|
The Best Drum Set for 2000 Dollars: Nine Helpful Reviews
Under this section, you can find detailed reviews of nine of the best drum sets available on the market at an affordable cost. I have arranged the items from the most recommended to the less popular, still pretty good. I have picked the listed product after close consideration of their quality of sound, durability, and value for money.
1. Pearl Masters Maple MCT924XEDP/C348 – One of the Top-Rated Drum Kits Under 2000
The top of my pick is the Pearl Masters Maple drum kit. It is worth noting that this drum shell pack is one of the top-rated sets on the market. The price is friendly, and you have nothing to fear when it comes to the quality of the drum kit.
The manufacturer provides a lifetime warranty on the item, which reflects on its durability and high quality. Besides that, the drum set measures 26.75 by 27 by 24.25 inches, and the size is ideal for a drummer of any experience.
The exterior is perfectly made for all drumming needs. There’s a 6-layer maple shell to ensure you get the right sound intonation and power. The kit is also stylishly done with sparkle finishes. It adds decor to the stage and provides a great performance.
The product is a 4-piece kit, which includes a 22 by 18 inches bass drum, a 16 by 16 inches’ floor mat, a 12 by 8 inches, and a 10 by 7 inches’ toms. All these have an amazing sparkle finish. The whole kit weighs 32.3 pounds. I highly recommend purchasing this drum set as it is a top-quality product that comes at a friendly price.
How Pearl Masters Maple is sound?
- EvenPly Six (6-ply 5.4mm) 100% Maple Shells
- Matte Lacquer and Lacquer Sparkle Finishes
- Lifetime warranty.
- Light and portable.
- It allows a perfect intonation.
- It includes four pieces only.
2. Roland V-Compact Series TD-17KV-S – Best Electronic Drum Set Under 2000
If you are looking for a powerful kit that will match your drumming needs, here is the set worth your attention. A complete set with all accessories is conveyed within the package, including the stand, snare, pedal, and tom. The product is ideal for purchase if you are looking for an affordable drum set under $2000 as its price is pocket-friendly.
What I like about this pack that you can mount a crash cymbal to the set. Also, there are training functions incorporated in the drum kit so that you can record your progress and practice productively. Moreover, you can play along with your favorite songs by streaming them from your smartphone.
I find this training option helpful for beginner drummers, and a friend of mine has bought this set for his son to develop his drumming skills. So far, he is happy, and the drums proved to be durable and sound great.
The kit weighs 48 pounds that may be too heavy if you plan to move drums from time to time. Also, note that a cymbal mount and a drum stand are sold separately. However, if you are used to playing acoustic drums, you won’t have to change your style when using this drum kit. The huge snare and hi-hat present bring about a similar experience to an acoustic set with a fast response. This Roland V-Compact Series drum set is among the top options for beginners to experienced drummers, and I can assure you of the quality of sound produced by these drums.
- The essential tools to improve your drumming
- The td-17 includes a variety of expressive modelled drum sounds inherited from the flagship td-50
- It comes with a tutoring function.
- Possible to play along with your smartphone songs.
- Ideal for those used to acoustic drums.
- The cymbal mount and drum stand are sold separately.
3. Roland V Entry TD-1DMK – A Powerful Electronic Drum Set with Timer
Many drummers may avoid electronic sets as they believe such drums sound unnatural. But the Roland V Entry drum set was made to cast this doubt to the shadows. For professionals and amateurs, the kit is designed to deliver an exceptional drumming experience.
The incorporated timer setting is essential in enhancing your drumming skills. Likewise, there’s an adjustable tempo setting. The present drum mesh is tension-adjustable to ensure you get a great experience playing the instrument. The package conveyed includes all the needed accessories, including a bar, a kick, a snare, and a drum stand. Other accessories, such as a kick pedal or a drum monitor, you can buy separately at an affordable cost.
With the amazing training functions, it is possible to keep a record of your progress. It, in turn, motivates you to improve your skills. Besides that, the kit is super easy to set up. Overall, I profoundly recommend this compact drum set with a timer to anyone looking for cheap equipment to practice anywhere.
- Kit includes Kick, Snare, Hi-hat, Hi-hat control pedal, Tom x 3, Crash, Ride, Drum stand. Other accessories such as kick pedal and personal drum monitor are sold separately.
- Size (Including sound module, kick pad, kick pedal and drum throne): 47-1/4" W x 43-5/16" D x 47-1/4" H | Weight: 17.8 kg
- Super easy to set up.
- It has a variable tempo and timing set.
- Tension-adjustable drum mesh.
- The kick pedal is sold separately.
4. Yamaha DTX532K Electronic Drum Kit – 7-Piece Best Drum Set for Under 2000
Many musicians know this brand, as it produces high-quality and durable equipment. Besides the highest quality, the manufacturer offers a lot of advantages to buyers of this electronic drum set. Unlike most drum kits, this item comes with a drum kick pedal and a height-adjustable stool.
Also, in the package, you will find four pairs of drum sticks and a pair of on-ear stereo headphones. The kit is a 7-piece shell pack with three toms, two cymbals, a snare, and a hi-hat. The module has a huge memory function and can produce over 690 sounds.
It is fine-tuned for the most lifelike experience, with all the drums sounding pretty natural. You can easily use the kit with your headphones and play to the tune of your favorite songs. With this drum kit, it is super easy to keep track of your progress. This makes the kit ideal for amateurs and professionals.
No products found.
- It contains a drum kick pedal and throne.
- Over 690 sounds.
- On-ear stereo headphones.
- It provides natural and high-quality sound.
- It comes with four pairs of drumsticks.
- It lacks a timing function.
5. Musical Instruments Percussion Drums – Top-Quality Drum Kit for Jazz
This Musical Instruments Percussion drum kit portrays a merge of quality and. With this drum set, you are assured of an outstanding experience. The snare drum is made of top-notch matte drum skin, with the items are manufactured of double-layered oil skin. This reinforces the bass and completely reduces the overtones.
The set is suitable for use on any surface as it is highly stable. The head won’t slip, and the three-legged support frame is thick to keep the bottom drum in place. You don’t need to look for a kit that matches your height, as you can adjust the height of the equipment for a comfy posture.
The kit is ideal for young drummers as it provides a realistic experience. Its assembly isn’t much to worry about, as a few minutes of your time is all required to set up this drum kit.
The only con is that the item weighs about 99.2 pounds. This is too heavy for easy portability, thus, contradicting the manufacturer’s remark that the can be easily used indoors and outdoors. However, the product’s quality is impressive as it is made of high rust- and water-resistant materials. It measures 32.5 by 25.2 by 22.1 inches. Moreover, this drum kit is stylish with a variety of colors to pick from.
- ♬【Quality and Durability】-The snare drum is made of matte drum skin. The other drums are made of thick double-layer oil skin, which strengthens the bass and eliminates overtones. Each increase of drum skin holds the drum sound quickly, with high hardness, friction resistance and high and low temperature resistance. Good air tightness.
- ♬【Flexible adjustment height】- All-round adjustment, telescopic adjustment height, surface with electroplating process The head adopts anti-slip design, and the bottom drum is more stable. The three-layer plating process thickens the double leg frame to be thicker and firmer. The studs are adjustable for expansion and contraction.
- Double layered oil skin.
- Water and rust-resistant material.
- Pretty heavy as it weighs 99.2 pounds.
6. Tama Superstar Classic – Best Drum Kit for Under 2000 with Blue Lacquer
Considering that it has been over forty years on the market, it’s hard to have a go on this manufacturer when it comes to quality and brand superiority. Moreover, with this kit’s stylish finish, you can keep the stage lively and beautifully decorated.
The set measures 24.6 by 24.4 by 20.7 inches and weighs about 52 pounds. This is a bit heavy and affects the equipment’s portability. On the brighter side, the weight enables the tool to settle perfectly on the stage and stay stable as you perform.
The quality is guaranteed with the toms made with top-notch intonations. The overall quality of sound is nothing but class, and the price of this set will leave you pleasantly surprised.
The pack includes seven pieces, and this ensures you won’t have to buy multiple accessories additionally. The drum’s shell is made of maple, thus, ensuring its resilience. With this set, you get a sensitivity on a level higher than with most drums, and this makes the tool sounding lively. For pros, this kit is one of the best items you can purchase under $2000. It will serve your drumming needs for a long time.
- Configuration Bass drum(s): 22 x 18 in. Tom(s): 8 x 7 in., 10 x 8 in., 12 x 9 in. Floor tom(s): 14 x 12 in., 16 x 14 in. Snare: 14 x 6-1/2 in. Total pieces: 7 Hardware: Not applicable Cymbals: Not applicable Shells Shell material: Maple Construction: 7-ply Thickness (mm): Multiple Bearing edge: 45 Reinforcement ring: Not applicable Drum Hardware Material: Steel Mounts: Suspended Hoops: Multi-flange Lugs: Low-mass Ot
- For nearly forty years the Superstar name has stood for groundbreaking design, superior build quality, sterling tone, and clear projection
- Top-notch quality.
- Its shells are completely made of maple.
- It includes seven pieces of hardware.
- Highly sensitive.
- Slightly heavy.
7. Tama Starclassic Walnut Kit – A Perfect Pick with Duo Snare
This equipment is produced by a manufacturer with over forty years of experience in the drumming industry. You, therefore, have nothing to worry about when it comes to the item’s quality or durability. With this Tama Starclassic drum kit, you get a five-piece shell pack with a bass drum, a pair of toms, a snare, a hybrid snare, and a floor tom.
The product’s elegance is unmatched, and so will be your stage. This drum set is stylish and has an amazing black satin finish. However, note that the kit is pretty big and weighs 96.6 pounds. It makes the set a bit unsuitable for regular displacement and, thus, suits home or stage use. However, this drum shell pack is durable, and the heavyweight ensures the set doesn’t move and it’s no matter how hard you play.
No products found.
- It contains a hybrid snare.
8. Tama Starclassic Walnut 4-Piece Shell Pack – A Small Set for Beginners
The item only differs in pieces present and color when compared to the above-reviewed equipment. It is stylishly and uniquely made to add decor to your performing platform. Besides that, the set is also big and contains a 22-inch bass drum for a great playing experience.
It is a four-piece pack that comes at a cost that’s slightly higher than the seven-piece shell package, but the quality is exceptional. The set measures 27.6 by 25.6 by 21.5 inches and weighs 66.1 pounds. It is highly stable with height-adjustable telescopic stands.
Setting the equipment in place is the least of your worries. The sound is great, though the drum kit lacks modern features for tracking your progress or setting your timing. All in all, this drum set is excellent, but the price is a bit higher for this four-piece shell pack compared to other options. Also, you will need to buy additional accessories separately, and this will add to the overall cost.
- 4-piece Walnut/Birch Shell Pack with 10" and 12" Toms
- 22" Bass Drum - Lacquer Transparent Mocha Fade
- Fitted with a large bass drum.
- Stylish and uniquely made.
- It has height-adjustable stands.
- The price is a bit high for a four-piece pack.
9. Roland TD-25K V-Drums – Best Drum Set for 2000 with 8 Pieces
The Roland TD-25K electronic drum set reflects a combination of a stylish design and tech innovations. It produces a lifelike and high-quality sound that beats most of its electronic counterparts. This drum kit is an ideal choice for professional drummers.
The Roland TD-25K model is enhanced with features that allow you to play streaming media via your smartphone or record your session. Thus, it is even possible to watch and share your captured performances for evaluation.
Besides the best electronic drum set under $2000, the manufacturer provides a pair of wireless earbuds. I want to mention that the set comes with a 1-year warranty. The product’s selling point is its high-quality sound, and this is enhanced by the fused reverb, multi-effects, and equalizer features incorporated.
It weighs 46 pounds, so it is pretty lightweight compared to most of the reviewed items. The drum kit measures 47.2 by 51.2 by 49.2 inches. It is an 8-piece electronic set, and the only drawback I find about it is that a kick pedal and a stand are not included in the package.
- SuperNATURAL sound engine based on the flagship TD-30
- Sound quality and expressiveness equivalent to the top-of-the-line V-Drums
- A recording function.
- Free Bluetooth earbuds.
- Lifelike and enhanced sound.
- A kick pedal and a stand are missing.
|Pearl Masters Maple Complete MCT924XEDP||Absinthe Sparkle||26.8 x 27 x 24.2 inches||32.3 pounds||B01EVKQYNQ|
|Roland V-Compact Series Electronic Drum Kit||Black||43.4 x 51.2 x 47.2 inches||50.4 pounds||B07CY6DR5B|
|Roland V Entry Electronic Drum Set||Black||34.5 x 19.7 x 15.9 inches||53.7 pounds||B07HC2ZMN4|
|Yamaha DTX532K Electronic Drum Kit with Bass Drum Pedal||Black||12 x 17 x 48 inches||41.7 pounds||B07KNF1XZX|
|Musical Instruments Percussion Drums Adult Children's Jazz Drums||Red||32.3 x 25.2 x 22.1 inches||99.2 pounds||B07RSB6QR7|
|Tama Superstar Classic Custom 7-Piece Shell Pack Transparent Blue||Blue||24.6 x 24.4 x 20.7 inches||52 pounds||B00XID8DF0|
|Tama Starclassic Walnut Birch Lacquer Kit W Duo Snare||Black||10" and 12" Toms, 16" Floor Tom, 22" Bass Drum, and 14" Add-on Hybrid Snare Drum||96.9 pounds||B07SH2CFWW|
|Tama Starclassic Walnut Birch Lacquer 4-Piece Shell Pack||Black||27.6 x 25.6 x 21.6 inches||66.1 pounds||B07SH39LK2|
|Roland TD-25K V-Drums 8-Piece Electronic Drumset||Black||47.2 x 51.2 x 49.2 inches||49.6 pounds||B07TD9CS55|
Best Drum Kit for 2000 at a Glance
As I wrap up my comprehensive drum set reviews, I hope you are now equipped with the right tips for a successful purchase. The items mentioned in this post can suit both professionals and beginners. When buying a drum kit, it is vital to consider the sound quality, durability, and how well the equipment fits your performing platform.
Many people may disregard the purchase of an electronic drum set because they think it may not sound natural. But thanks to tech advancement, now, it is almost impossible to differentiate the sound of an electronic and an acoustic drum kit. Besides that, in electronic drum sets, you can often spot some additional features, like the memory and training functions that ease the learning process for amateurs and help to practice more productive.
In my opinion, the Pearl Masters Maple drum kit is the best drum set for under 2000. Its quality and durability, as reflected through the lifetime warranty given, are unmatched. But, any choice from the given list will result in a non-regrettable purchase. That said, I would like to know what drum kit you prefer, an electronic or an acoustic set? What drum set from this article did you like the most?